These bathroom care tips were created to help you keep your bathroom looking cleaner without too much effort. The bathroom is an important area in your home; it’s one of the ways you make an impression on your guests. This can put a lot of pressure on you to maintain a spotless bathroom. Of course, you keep it “hygienic” all the time, but “spotless” isn’t always possible. Rust stains, soap scum, and dirty grout prevent some people from attaining the “spotless” achievement.
If a bathroom that looks like new every time is what you’re aiming for, these bathroom care tips are for you. Once you get the initial bathroom overhaul, something I like to call the master cleaning session, out of the way, keeping it up should be a breeze. Let me just remind you that keeping any area of your home spotless takes regular maintenance. With that said, we’ll break this down into two parts: the “master bathroom care tips” to take your bathroom from dingy to spectacular, and the “everyday bathroom care tips” to keep your bathroom cleaner on a regular basis.
Master Bathroom Care Tips:
- This is not the time to shy away from powerful products or professional services. If you’re dealing with overwhelming grime, rust, and build up it’s okay to use bleach to cut through months or years of neglect.
- If you’re using harsh chemicals, always make sure you have enough ventilation to prevent inhaling them. Don’t underestimate the fumes.
- If there are certain spots that are particularly dirty, apply treatments and bathroom cleaning products to those areas first. Let the products penetrate while you take on other areas.
- Use steel wool or a scrubber with extra-firm bristles to scrub – always using gloves!
- For tubs and sinks that need special attention, fill up the sink with the hottest water possible and add either bleach or other powerful detergent known for removing stains.
Everyday Bathroom Care Tips:
- Once the bathroom is in better condition, you can start using more gentle bathroom cleaning products for your everyday routine.
- Make use of storage to keep clutter at bay. This will make wiping down surfaces much easier.
- If you don’t have a way to ventilate air in your bathroom, it can encourage mold and take longer for your towels to dry. Give your bathroom a hand and leave the door open to allow any moisture to exit.
- Keep a scrubber in the shower so you can take care of any stains while you’re in there. One less stain to worry about come cleaning day
- Speaking of cleaning day, dedicate one day out of the week to clean your bathroom. You can either use that day to clean all of your main rooms or just one room at a time.
- Take one day out of the month to do regular deep cleaning on your rooms. This means applying a grout cleaner to your tiles, disinfecting your toilet bowl and bathroom floors, etc.
The Grout Cleaner Dilemma
Having a good grout cleaner can change your life. I know that seems like a bold statement but there’s just something about your tiles shining like new that makes the entire room shine brighter. The problem is that using a powerful grout cleaner also means using harsh chemicals. Nobody wants that, especially after an intense deep cleaning. One of the best grout cleaners I’ve used are actually earth-friendly and don’t require extensive scrubbing.
Upgrade To A Soap Scum Remover
A soap scum remover is one of those bathroom cleaning products that can make a difference in your routine. If you’re wondering what you can do for your shower door or curtain, one of the best products you can use is a no-scrub soap scum remover. It really does take the hard labor out of it and lets you effortlessly remove soap scum in minutes.
Choosing The Best Bathroom Cleaning Products
When choosing your bathroom cleaning products, there are a few things to consider before making a purchase. To make sure you’re bringing the best bathroom cleaning products into your home, ask yourself these questions:
- How often will I be using this product?
- Will it provide better results than the products I currently own?
- Is it easy to implement into my current cleaning routine?
- Is it a product that is known to produce results?
- Is it safe and easy to use?