Whether your child has a bathroom all to him or shares one with his ma and pa, a child friendly bathroom decor can always make their bath time a fun filled one. Check our list of friendly bathroom designing ideas for kids and make the bath time for your child a happy one.
- A granite or marble countertop in your kid’s bathroom tends to get stained and chipped with time. Surely you don’t want to worry about your child spilling something on your granite countertop. Always stick to quartz countertop when it comes to your child bathroom since it is not only scratch resistant but also looks as appealing as granite.
- True that a kid sized toilet bowl can be useful, it becomes impractical once your child starts to grow. However a tall sized commode is not a good idea either. Therefore parents should choose a standard sized toilet and putting a step stool beside the bowl will allow your kids to reach it easily
- To protect your toddler from burning themselves while bathing, you can install anti scald devices in your showerheads and faucets so as to control the temperature of the water.
- No matter if you have a preschool kid engrossed with Dora the explorer or an older child fascinated with anime characters, you can indulge your child’s love for cartoon by incorporating cool and funky bathroom accessories like shower curtains, linens, rugs etc. They will not only add a groovy touch to your bathroom but also elevate the spirit of your child.
- You need to choose fixtures which would offer you bathing options for people of all ages. This is mostly because most of the times your kid’s bathroom also doubles up as guest bathroom. Add a personal touch with accessories and paints but leave the fixtures intact.
- Express your kid’s mood and personality with vibrant paints, cool posters and other fun accessories. Keeping the colour of your tiles and cabinetry neutral is a good idea since a lot of colour would make your child’s bathroom look gaudy. A better way to jazz up the space is a careful selection of paints and accessories.
- While every young kid loves to gather a lot of tub toys, picture books and action figures, teenagers tend to accumulate the vastest collection of skin and hair products. Therefore to keep your child’s bathroom tidy you need to install lots of bins, cubbies and cabinets. If you have more than one child then, give each of them a storage spot in the bathroom. Make sure to remove all medicines and sharp objects from your kid’s bathroom.
- At times even a minor change can create a big difference. You can add a vibrant touch to your child’s bathroom by installing new colourful cabinet knobs.
- You can choose to spruce up the look of your kid’s bathroom by putting up a few wall decals. Underwater wall decals like sharks, octopuses or dolphins would make your child’s time in the tub an enjoyable one.