If you are looking for a mobile or portable blender, chances are you have embraced the healthy life, just like I did.
Blenders offer an all-inclusive solution to getting in your fruit and veggie intake as well as taking quick and easy healthy meals with you out of the house. However, how can you take the goodness and benefits of a blender when traveling or on vacation?
The answer is quite simple; get a portable blender, and it’ll be the only one you will ever need.
Why you Should Get a Portable Blender
As suggested, a portable blender is what you need if you travel often, but it is equally a great option for use at home.
Some of the other reasons why you should consider getting portable blenders include:
- Save on space – If you are staying in your college dorm or a small apartment, you will want one of these. Portable Blenders take up less space compared to conventional heavy duty ones.
- Easy Travel – as suggested, they are highly portable, and you can carry them along when camping, road trips or longer trips.
- Battery Operated – with mobile blenders, you have a choice of going for battery-operated blenders. What this means is that you can use the blender even in the absence of electricity.
- Dual-Use Blending Jar – most portable blending machines come with dual-use blending jars, which also function as travel mugs.
How to Make Use of a Portable Blender
Now blenders have become synonymously attributed to smoothies because most people use them to whip them up as well as make fresh fruit juices.
A smoothie, which is a pureed blend of fresh fruit, vegetables, milk/yogurt, and water, offers an excellent nutritious meal to start up your day. However, smoothies can be taken as a meal any time of the day.
Depending on the wattage, you can also use mobile blenders to puree baby foods. Particular portables are designed to puree baby food and other meals, and you should go for these if your specific need is to puree food.
When talking about wattage, if you intend to blend up ice and frozen fruits, you are better off getting one with 250 watts or higher.
Pros of Portable Blenders over Conventional Heavy-Duty Blenders
So why should you get a portable blender over their traditional countertop counterparts?
- Portability is the main reason to get a portable blender. The traditional heavy-duty types are often bulky, and they often stay confined on kitchen counter-tops.
- Portables still offer high function in a much compact package. Depending on the brand and type, you can still juice, blend and puree using them.
- They are best for making frozen drinks and smoothies while on-the-go.
- With battery-operated, and also gas-powered, models, portables are the best option for use in places with electricity challenges or lack of power altogether.
- The dual blender jug/travel mug comes in handy for travelers and campers who often want to keep the amount of luggage they carry to a minimum.
Considerations when Buying Portable Blenders
Now that you are sold on getting a portable blender, it is important to know what to consider when purchasing one to end up with the best one.
- Size and Weight – if you are a camper of a backpacker, you will want to get one that is on the smaller and lighter side.
- Battery/Gas Operated – likewise, campers and backpackers will want to go for battery-operated portables. However, most still come with cords for use where power is available. Gas operated models are also available, but they tend to be noisier, and not everyone takes too well to the smell of gas.
- Wattage – portables tend to have lower wattages compared to their countertop counterparts. The lower wattage doesn’t mean that you can’t get a high-powered portable; get one with 250 watts and over for smoother consistency when using frozen fruits or ice.
- Dual Blending Jar/ Travel Mug – make sure to go for a model with a blending jar that also functions as a travel mug. Noteworthy is that not all portables will offer this feature.
There you go, I am sure by now you are sold on getting a mobile or portable blender. It is excellent for travelers, anyone living in a small space, and will still offer great service for creating purees.
Bottom line is with a good portable blender, it will be the only blender you’ll ever need.